Monday, April 3, 2017

DIY TURKEY HUNTING SHOTGUN

DIY SHOTGUN


The ultimate DIY turkey hunting gun. This gun is a 870 Remington express shotgun. Their are many positives about this gun. This gun can hold its recoil better than any shotgun out their.  Most shotgun triggers are anywhere from 4-6 pounds. On this 870 Remington shotgun the trigger is 3 pounds. “The sight on this gun is a trijicon MRO”. This gun comes with a red sight. Most veterans hunt with a red sight. That reason is because shooters pull their heads off the sight before even pulling the trigger to see if they got the animal they were hunting. This sight blends into your eye and helps concentrate on your final kill shot. The finish on this gun is mossy oak camo. This camo helps cover up dents, scratches, and helps keep the gun waterproof. Not only having the perfect perfect shotgun is essential, but having the right choke to hunt turkeys is the key. I prefer a full choke to keep my pattern tight and having a high amount of knock down power.


I have been hunting turkeys since the age of 12. Turkeys are one of my favorite animals to hunt. My first experience every killing a turkey was on nunya ridge. Its across from notella valley. Best turkey hunting spot around. We had a tom turkey come in from the bottom of the valley, and closed the range on him to 15 yards. I shot this big tom with my Remington  870 shotgun. The choke I used was a full choke. The full choke gave me a tight solid pattern, for a clean head shot.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this gun sounds awesome and those are some great tips. I was wondering if you knew how heavy this gun is and how far it can shoot. I need to get out to nunya one of these days and get me one of them big ole toms.

    ReplyDelete